1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Many people put up Christmas trees during this season. However, many devout Christians do not put up a tree, claiming it is a secular pagan practice that goes against the Bibles instruction not to worship idols - including trees. (Jeremiah 10:2-6)
Today’s verse answers the question about whether you should decorate your home or yard with a tree. It all depends on your motive. If the tree is Your ritual, tradition, or habit then you probably shouldn’t put up a tree. If it’s just to make a change in your home then don’t. BUT if you put up and decorate a tree to glorify God then you should absolutely decorate a tree or trees.
Let’s consider the Christmas tree & how it’s symbolism can glorify God cause we:
- use an evergreen tree because green is God’s color for life. (Revelation 4 tells us in His throne room there is emerald green rainbow)
- use an evergreen pine because it is arrow shaped, pointing upward toward God
- use lights because Jesus is the light of the world (John 8:12)
- use round colored balls because they have no beginning & no end just lIke God
- use blue balls for his majesty - use purple balls for his royalty
- use red balls for the blood Jesus shed for our salvation
- use silver balls the color of redemption - use gold balls for his eternal glory
- place a star atop the tree for Jesus the star of Jacob (Numbers 24:11)
- place a star because a star guided the wise men to him as a little child
- place gifts under the tree in likeness of the greatest gift given - Jesus